Imagen de avatar China Custom Panoramic Elevators Manufacturers
freigelevators

As the elevator doors opened shopping cart elevator

“The truth is,” he continued, “a compelling elevator speech doesn’t sound especially eloquent or look like a flash of light. In fact, a compelling elevator speech isn’t about you at all. It’s plain talk about the problems you solve, plus a word about how you rescue people from those problems, followed by a simple question.” No rhymes. No bombshells.

“What sort of simple question?” I followed. He replied, “Does that matter to you?” I told him, “Yes; I want to know, please.” He told me, “Now you do know.”

That’s it. That’s Glenn Harrington’s formula for a compelling elevator speech – in an actual elevator. After naming three pains you relieve, make a benefit statement that positions you as the rescuer to people who suffer those woes. Then, ask a question like, “Does that matter to you?” Simple. Not what people are rehearsing downstairs, though.

Harrington explains: “First, get past the expectation that you’re going to intrigue people into buying from you by talking about yourself. Then, apply the formula for a compelling elevator speech, which is not about you.” After that, you need some market intelligence (from listening to your customers), and the right attitude. “Rehearse and allow it to be natural.”

But a Compelling Elevator Speech is a bit unconventional. Harrington: “Many people need coaching to get started, then to get it rolling naturally. If they stick with it and allow – you should hear the smiles in their voices when they talk about the results.” The Compelling Elevator Speech is one of Harrington’s specialties through Articulate Consultants.

As the elevator doors opened shopping cart elevator and he began to step out, I asked for his card. As he gave it to me, I had an a-ha moment. We just had an elevator conversation that resulted in me asking for his card. Glenn Harrington of Articulate Consultants Inc. Perfect. I followed him out.

“You see,” he continued, “Most people never have that moment – the simple question plus the answer that they have rehearsed creating a new business relationship. Because that rarely happens, most stop paying attention for the opportunity.”

“Some are diligent and give their elevator speech often – at parties, at mixers, at work – but it feels artificial and does not result in much business. They stick with it longer.” In contrast, he cites people who never take their elevator speech beyond learning the concept.

So, if most people give up before they experience success with an elevator speech, why does Harrington champion the cause? He gives one of his metaphorical answers: “You can buy a musical instrument and a book of scales and get a few pointers from people who play. If that’s your approach, then maybe you’ll enjoy your instrument. Some virtuosos start out that way.”

Tags:

Deja un comentario