Imagen de avatar Latching Systems
middlelatching

Most of the fees have to do with negligence on your part

Those are the cars that cost $13. Unless you’re only looking to be a member for a month or two, it makes more economical sense to go with Zipcar. I’ve spent this morning compiling all of the necessary data, and the results are in. The bottom line is don’t return the car dirty, low on gas or broken, and always remember to cancel your reservation in a timely manner.o0, and a few at $13. Not to mention they cost $70 more per year just to be a member!In an effort for full disclosure, I’ve been a member of Zipcar since 2006. Which one is better? Which one is cooler? Which one should I use?Everyone seems to have their own opinion, but I’ve been wondering which of the two is better based solely on facts about each.75 per hour, with a couple that were $7. The timing varies based on the length of your reservation, time of cancellation before the reservation begins, etc. You can view all of the different locations for both Car Locations HERE. They have all the cars that CCS offers, as well as a number of others including two different types of BMW.

City Car Share offers a slightly more ‘environmentally friendly’ selection. However, in terms of variety, Zipcar takes the pie. The good news is that if you’re a responsible driver, and you take care of your reservations as well as the vehicle while it’s under your control, you’ll be alright. What do you think?.. I’d love to side with the Nonprofit City Car Share, however they just don’t have the car power or availability to compete. It’s been my experience with Zipcar that they not only have cars within a block from my apartment, but they’ve yet to not have a car available for me when I need it, even at the last minute. If you’re just going down the street to Trader Joes, you’ll save money using CCS, but if you’re doing a 3 hour relay to Sacramento and back, you may want to go with Zipcar.Amount of Available Cars: Advantage ZipcarThere are 125 Zipcars located throughout South of Market. Ultimately, it depends on what you’re renting the car for.Hourly Rate: Advantage City Car ShareI’m not entirely convinced that the advantage should go to City Car Share, but based on just reserving a car for one hour, CCS offers 24 of the 25 cars in SOMA for $5 per hour, and the other one for $7.75 per hour would cost you $26.40 per mile, so if you reserve a car for 3 hours through CCS, and drive 180 miles, it would cost you $87 while the same rental through Zipcar at $8. Nearly 33% of their cars are hybrid’s that get over 40 mpg.

Most of the fees have to do with negligence on your part.I’ve had a recurring conversation, with many people, about the two Community Car Share companies in South of Market. City Car Share has a $30, one time application fee and charges $10 per month with no commitment.They also have fees if you fail to cancel your reservation within a certain amount of time. Most of the Zipcar vehicles are $8.25. That means that for the first year, CCS will cost $150 just to be a member, while Zipcar is only $75. However, the slight advantage goes to City Car Share because they allow you to reserve cars in 15 minute increments while Zipcar gives you 1/2 hour blocks. Of course, if you want to drive around impressing everyone in a beamer, it’ll cost you. Hey, you gotta spend money to look good!Location of Cars: Advantage ZipcarCity Car Share currently offers 15 different locations throughout South of Market, while Zipcar has 34 from which to choose.Types of Cars Available: Advantage ZipcarBoth companies have very similar vehicles in their fleet.Ease of Reservations: Advantage City Car ShareBoth companies have a very simple online reservation system that allows you to reserve cars in realtime.

It’d just be an added expense.. If you get an added fee, it’s your own fault!Overall: Advantage ZipcarI honestly have to say that I think it’s a no brainer. Zipcar has a $25, one time application fee, and charges $50 for a one year membership commitment. When I moved to South of Market and discovered City Car Share, I looked into whether it would be more beneficial to join their service, or even to be a member of both.Additional Fees: Advantage NeitherBoth Car Sharing companies have a number of extra fees. For instance, if you return the car dirty with excessive pet hair or odors, bith 16A PCB type Smart Home Relay companies charge a $50 fee.50 per hour. They both offer additional plans for more frequent users, students and businesses. The information I have compiled is for SOMA only. However, Zipcar offers 180 miles free with your reservation while CCS charges $. Zipcar is just too big and excessively available that they take the prize of best Car Sharing Company in South of Market.50.Membership Fees: Advantage ZipcarBoth Zipcar and City Car Share have ‘application fees’ as well as annual or monthly fees. For more information on those, you can check out their websites. City Car Share has only 25. Therefore, I have no incentive to switch or add CCS.The following information is based on both Zipcar and City Car Share’s basic 1 year membership plan for residents of South of Market

Tags:

Deja un comentario