Imagen de avatar Wholesale Chemical Anchors
slevuperop

He prayed for good sense to prevail

He added that intolerance has no place in a country that has potential of taking the world along at the strength of its glorious ethos. “Loose cannons cannot be left free to generate animosity among the communities,” he said and reiterated that unity in diversity has been India’s greatest strength. He also urged the media to play its role towards promoting inclusiveness.Mr Abdullah, while underscoring the crucial role of media in promoting a spirit of inclusiveness in the diverse Indian society, asserted that it had become imperative especially at a time when fringe elements were out to destroy the time tested fabric of religious harmony and unity.Former Union minister and president of Jammu and Kashmir’s main Opposition party National Conference Dr Farooq Abdullah has asked the Centre to “rein in fringe jingoistic elements” in order to protect the country’s “time tested fabric of religious harmony and unity”. Abdullah said a duty has cast upon the Centre to rein in the fringe jingoistic elements which are creating an atmosphere of frenzy by inciting passions.

He said, “The incidents like Dadri and Udhampur, in which a young boy lost his life, were demoralising and disturbing”.Mr. “I had told Mr.Recalling his meeting with then Chief Minister Narendra Modi at a function in Gujarat in 2011, he said that he had invited the attention of participants towards strengthening secularism in larger good of the country. Modi that I want to see the day in my life when I would look in his (Modi’s) eyes and would be able to see my Allah, and when he (Modi) looks in my eyes, he will see his Ram”. The NC leader exuded confidence that the prevailing screen of religious intolerance in parts of the country will evaporate but sought the intervention of the Prime Minister in restoring confidence of the people in system. He expressed shock over the death of Kashmir trucker Zahid Rasool Butt and said the killers are needed to be served harsh punishment.. He also said that mistrust and intolerance were serving as termite which may turn the country hollow if the people fail in rising to the occasion to isolate fringe elements.

He prayed for good sense to prevail on those mis-adventuring to weaken the country by exploiting religious sentiments of the people. “Such incidents were slur on the civilised society which has been corner stone of the state,” he said. “As long as we remain united, nobody will be able to weaken us,” he said during an exhaustive interaction with the fresh batch of Indian Institute of Mass Wholesale construction anchor Communication, Jammu Chapter, in the winter capital on Monday.“Here I invoke your important role as budding journalists to expose those who incite passions for furthering their political agenda and help in strengthening the bonds of amity and brotherhood between various segments of society,” Mr Abdullah told the participants. He called for eschewing this dangerous trend and said the civil society and the media will have to play pioneering role in it.President Press Club of India Rahul Jalali and NC’s provincial president Devender Singh Rana were also present during the interaction, which witnessed students raising several subjects including the prevailing situation in the state and across the country over various controversial issues

Tags:

Deja un comentario