Imagen de avatar 24/410 Plastic of best hand lotion in pump
24/410 Plastic of best hand lotion in pump

How to measure the pump cap and flip cap of a cosmetic bottle

The process of manufacturing plastic bottles and plastic caps are entirely different, so the manufacturers for both are usually different too. If you have recently entered the cosmetics or hand sanitizer market, it would be quite unfamiliar, that there is a standard for the size as well as the quantity. The emails we receive are mostly like ‘I would like to know the price for a press cap that fits a 60ml bottle’, however we can’t give an answer to that request unless we know the exact inlet size of the bottle. The standard for the subsidiary materials of cosmetics bottles is decided by the diameter of the inlet, height of the bottle neck and screw line.The two-digit number coming in front of the slash is the diameter of the inlet including the screw line with a unit. Based on the numerous inquiries to Bonsystems Global, it can be seen that for bottles under 120ml it is 20pi, 24pi for 500ml, and 28pi for 750ml.

However, this is not always applicable because of different manufacturers, so it is highly recommended to check each one’s standard. The three-digit number behind the slash shows the screw line and the neck of the bottle’s length. It is visually shown on the image above. There are definitely more sizes, however I will introduce the three sizes that are most frequently used for cosmetics bottles. 400 means that the screw line circles the bottle neck for only one time which probably would be the one most generally used  swirls around the neck of the bottle for two times. It may seem similar with the others but the space below the screw line is much more compared to others. To summarize, if the product has a 28pi diameter and a screw line that goes around one and a half circle around, it would be noted as 28/410. If you are still not sure about the size, it is necessary to ask for a sample from the seller and check the exact size.

For a flip top cap or a press cap, the height of the bottle is not important. However, for sprays or pump caps that need to suck up the liquid inside the bottle, the dip tube length has to be considered as well. When manufacturing the pump, the head is made separately and can attach the pump on the head. Since it is detachable as well, it can be selected between setting the dip tube length only or the whole length including both dip tube and pump head. However, the inner structure of pumps vary on different companies, so might be short or long than what is expected. In order to lower this kind of error, there is a concept called ‘FBOG’. FBOG is the acronym of ‘From Base Of Gasket’ literally meaning measurement from the base of the gasket. A gasket is the lid part that meets the top of the bottle. The height of the gasket is all different so the perfect size can be found when measuring the length from the bottom of the gasket.

There would be no problem for other pumps if the standards are right. However, for the flip top cap there is one more factor that should be in consideration. The liquid comes almost immediately out of the bottle for the flip top cap, so there is another layer to prevent any leaks. For bottles with a thick inlet, the leak preventing layer might not fit the bottle. To solve this problem the I size which is the inner diameter of the bottle neck has to be checked. The other parts and their measurements are shown in the attached image above.In this article I talked about the standards for cosmetics or plastic bottles, and what in I should check in order to find the product that perfectly suits me. Furthermore, I explained the factors that you should be aware of in specific with the examples of sprays, pumps, and flip top caps. Hope this article can give assistance to you when purchasing the exact product, you are looking for. If you feel the information is still quite hard to absorb, always contact Bonsystems Global. We will help you with all difficulties.

Tags:

Deja un comentario