Imagen de avatar Pet belt Dog Running Leash
master

I get really concerned about Dachshund back problems

I get really concerned about Dachshund back problems when I see a dog, on a leash, pulling to the point that they are hacking and choking. . I shudder to think how bad this is for a Dachshund’s health, especially their back and spine.  When a dog acts this way on a leash they are doing tremendous damage to their wind pipe and vocal cords. Their back, neck and spine are put under tremendous pressure when they are allowed to do this. This could very Dog Water Bottle easily result in back problems and breathing problems. A leash attached to the collar might be the cause of this pulling and tugging.
Try this little experiment to see how much damage can be done. Put a towel around your neck and have someone hold it while you try to move in the opposite direction. This is the type of pressure your Dachshund feels on their neck and vocal cords. If you did this 2 or 3 times a day, you can see how much damage you could do. My Dachshund injured her back when she was allowed to be unrestrained in the back seat of my car.  As bad as it seemed, she only had a sprain and not a break in her neck. After 6 painful weeks she could leave her crate and walk around.Walking was a big part of her life and she wanted to start again as she improved. I knew because of her delicate neck, that there was no way she could go out with a collar leash again. A harness leash seemed to be the answer after I saw dogs that were more under control and didn’t seem to pull as they did on a collar leash. After researching the problem I had almost settled on a harness leash, when I saw an old western movie on TV.
The farmer was plowing his field with two horses that were connected to his plow by harnesses. The harness seemed to do the trick of putting th stress on the horses chests and not on their necks.The harness I purchased, slips over her head then under each leg, with a fabric square that rested on her chest. The pressure was spread out over her chest area and under her legs. She walked in a very positive manner, no pulling and she didn’t choke or hack like she did before.  I feel comfortable now taking Nellie for her walks and she seems to enjoy the fact that she now has a harness leash. Please don’t risk the potential for giving your Dachshund back or neck problems because you are using the wrong kind of leash.  A leash that is connected to your dogs’ collar may cause windpipe damage as well as possibly destroying their vocal cords.  Dachshunds are unique because of their short legs and very long back.  A collar leash can create upward pressure that will injure the neck area.  Make sure that you keep your dog safe and healthy by using a harness leash.

Tags:

Deja un comentario