Imagen de avatar Ningbo Sunshine Electric Appliance
electricha

The Campari

Campari is commonly served with soda water, or citrus juice.Jackie Matai, the co-founder of Aspri Spirits, once told me, “Campari is a bitter (aperitif) that needs an acquired taste at first. Anything to whet one’s appetite is what we all mean by an aperitif. A lesson learnt!A light, crisp and refreshing drink for summers. I would gladly settle for a wine, but connoisseurs, will not compromise. Apparently, the shorter you drink it, the better the sugar balances the bitterness. It is a must-have for any bar as it is a very popular ingredient in most cocktails. Last Christmas, a friend served a lovely drink with Campari.

You either love it or hate it. For a lover of Campari, that vivid red Italian herb- and plant-steeped spirit is the ideal drink before a meal. Oh it was a treat to for the eyes and the palate.But I must confess, being a Scorpio and my colour being red, I am somewhat attracted to Campari. In a chilled champagne flute, she added Campari, elderflower cordial and topped it up with chilled pink orange squeezer factory Prosecco and garnished with a sprig of redcurrants. I know someone who enjoys her Campari with tomato juice. Boulevardier, Americano, Negroni and Old Pal are the most popular Campari-based cocktails across the globe. The perfect aperitif. Conventionally, Campari with soda or Campari with orange juice are very popular, however, in terms of the Indian palate, it is considered to have strong aesthetics in terms of flavour and after-taste and may not be favoured by someone who has a sweet tooth.CAMPARI1. I remember the first time I sipped it neat, it was too overpowering for me. But generally people prefer it with soda.

One tends to add grapefruit or orange juice to counter the bitterness but that is a myth. I have an incredible fetish for sweets. But bartenders are innovating too. I can enjoy a Campari only in a cocktail, at best. For them, Campari it is.” That explains why Campari is not top of my list for aperitifs. Many of my friends are getting ready to stock it.

Tags:

Una respuesta para “The Campari”

1. Hola, esto es un comentario.
    Para borrar un comentario simplemente accede y revisa los comentarios de la entrada. Ahí tendrás la opción de editarlo o borrarlo.

Deja un comentario