Imagen de avatar Wholesale Cosmetic Pump Bottle
fasetmetnu

It should remain an integral part of our

Keeping with this theme, artist Purnendu Mandal presents a kaleidoscopic view of Kolkata Through Trams — a solo show of his paintings at the culture capital’s Chemould Art Gallery, curated by Kolkata Art House. Trams may be a considered tardy in today’s age, yet they consistently recreate that element of nostalgia from the good old 60s-70s era. A very few cities like Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Nasik, Kanpur, Patna (famous for its erstwhile horse-drawn tram cars) and Delhi can boast of having had this electric mode of transport. They have attained a heritage status in a place like Kolkata, which is approximately 320 years old itself, so they certainly are iconic. It has an old world feel to it like the yesteryear double-decker buses. “Due to their pace, trams are often considered to be outdated.Originally from Shyam Sundari village of Manik Chak post office in the Maldah district of West Bengal, Mandal is currently living in Chhattisgarh’s Raigarh. Authorities contemplate gradually phasing them out like the hand-pulled rickshaws, especially on Kolkata roads.” Mandal was initially attracted to some rural vignettes and transmitted the same in his works. A complete series on his “simple, innocent school-life spent in the earthy settings” and a separate “dream” series had become strong motifs of his artistic displays at one time.

What happens if one fine day, all of them just refuse to move and turn into an immobile, historic asset forever ” he asks, raising a potent question. In his next exhibition, he intends to explore the tram theme further. Dyed in both acrylic shades and oil chromes, the tram series is an eye catcher. He had previously worked here as an art teacher for four years, and now works as a freelance artist, holding regular exhibitions of his paintings around the year. The current project sees him having clicked pictures of trams running in several zones of the cityscape and then projecting his own imaginary streaks blended into 50 percent of the collection. He owns a studio inside a three-room rented flat with one room completely dedicated to his art.Now the focus has discernibly shifted towards city-life and its salient features. The colour palette gets profusely unleashed upon the canvas.

It should remain an integral part of our daily lives,” says Mandal. No matter what, tramcars will always remain China wholesale acrylic bottle and jar Suppliers special to a certain set of Indian cities. However, they face the threat of extinction in the contemporary world. Retracing his childhood memories, he recalls having conjured up a collage on paper rockets, darts and boats that we all have made as kids. Earlier, he had also exhibited a special series on ‘horses’ at the famous Jehangir Art Gallery in Mumbai. But I don’t want this over-a-century-old carrier to be wiped out for good. Irrespective of the weather conditions or the time of the day I am travelling in, trams have never failed to catch my fancy. “In my next project, I’d like to paint a composition wherein countless trams will be queued up to rest in a row.They are slow and steady but they never compete to win the race.” He adds, “It’s interesting to note how it snakes its way through a traffic-congested street on a continuous motion. On his preoccupation with trams, Mandal says, “I always find them interesting.

Tags:

Deja un comentario