Imagen de avatar rophonon,China rca subwoofer cable
be

We-need-filmmakers-to-have-a-default

And considering the fact that India has one in every three visually impaired people in the world, it’s a problem that ails more than just a few. That’s when the idea was triggered. “We need to create awareness of our community which enjoys watching films as much as anyone else. I was once in a theatre with some visually impaired people and there came a silent portion.Aamir Khanrsquo;s PK is one of the few films to be audio-enhanced.”Yogesh Taneja who is one of the many rooting for the cause shares, “With the description, we can watch the films like everyone else and enjoy it with them at the same time, not some months later. Thankfully for Rummi, the latter’s taken care of.”Saksham started with audio enhancing of films with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black in 2005 since her efforts were closer to the subject of the film as well. A bank manager in the city, Yogesh sat clueless through some of the films funniest and most crucial bits — like Aamir Khan walking in from an alien planet covering his modesty with a radio — because it was a silent scene with no one prompting him about the developments on screen.

“The original DVD of PK now has an audio track. Changing that, or at least making a very concerted effort towards it is Nidhi Goyal, an activist for the visually impaired who organised a one-of-a-kind screening earlier this month — one which is audio description-enhanced.Aamir Khan’s PK may have released over a year ago, but there are a few of us who are enjoying the film in its entirety only now — Yogesh Taneja for instance. We are trying to convince the makers of Bajrangi Bhaijaan for a few months now, but it is taking some time. I remember while watching PK in the theatre, I wouldn’t get the alien scene at all. It’s very sad that makers put in so much money into a film and while audio enhancing the film we need to put huge sums of money again, but we still get to see the film much later. We need filmmakers to have a default audio-description during the time of theatre release itself. Remember the scene from Bhag Milkha Bhaag where Farhan Akhtar is practising with his coach, with tires tied around his feet While the scene may seem visually enchanting, wait until you hear the audio-enhanced version of the scene, says the founder of Saksham, Rummi Seth.

Our first audio-description enhanced screening helped us send out a message that filmmakers should think about us as an audience as well. Visually challenged individuals such as him never have a paisa-vasool experience at a movie theatre simply because they miss out on half of the content that isn’t dialogue-driven.“Veteran actor Sushma Seth (the adorable dadi in Dekh Bhai Dekh) has been doing audio description for our films since the time we started. The whole theatre was enjoying the scene, but they had to turn to me and ask what was happening. What it does is fills in the viewer on scenes that are mute, but still very visually appealing.“What is unique about such screenings is the collective experience for the visually impaired, of watching a film without having to depend on family and friends to understand it,” says Nidhi who organised the screening of Awesome Mausam for over 35 visually challenged people in a suburban theatre in Mumbai.

I think they should make it mandatory for all the filmmakers to have an audio description in their films.It’s time for the visually impaired to ‘see’ films differently with audio-enhancing devices.It’s time they took this set of film enthusiastic audience seriously too!”boundary cable.Itrsquos time for the visually impaired to lsquo;seersquo; films differently with audio-enhancing devices. Later I saw the audio enhanced version and it all made sense. They already have over 22 films, documentaries and children’s content in their cache and are trying to rope in other big banners to make entertainment completely inclusive. What Rummi and Nidhi are working towards next, is trying to have inbuilt audio-description tracks for films’ theatre release unlike a DVD release months after the film is out. By the time the DVDs are released, we have heard enough about the film and the novelty wears off.“There are some silent portions in the film, where there are no dialogues at all.

Tags:

Deja un comentario